K'NEX® Education Intro to Structures: Bridges
Why Buy From Us?
Introduce your child or students to the art and science of infrastructure and bridge-building! We think the K''NEX® Education Intro to Structures: Bridges set is a remarkably comprehensive introduction to the history, function, structural design, geometry and strength of bridges. Virtually all of the major bridge design types are included up to modern cable-stayed designs:
- Beam (including Short Span and Long Span);
- Truss (including Warren, Howe, Baltimore and K-Truss types);
- Arch (including Arch-Under, Over and Through-types);
The set provides numerous opportunities to acquire understanding using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach to information and concepts. The set also includes a Teacher's Guide that helps provide a deeper understanding of scientific, technical and design concepts and to channel inquiries into active and meaningful learning experiences.
- 207 parts, including special panels, to build 13 different key bridge types, one at a time
- Accommodates 2-3 students working in a team and appropriate for elementary classrooms in grades 3 through 5
- STEM Concepts: bridge types, compression, tension, load, force, stress, cantilever construction, suspension technology and more
- Packaged in a reusable plastic storage tray with a snap-on lid for quick clean-up and easy storage
- Building with K'NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- K'NEX Education sets come with lesson plans and experiment guides written by educators that feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects.
- All teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to U.S. national standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- K'NEX Education sets let students build replicas of real-world machines to gain an understanding of the principles that make them work.
Age 8 & Up