S.T.E.M. Store of Canada
K'NEX® Education Intro to Simple Machines: Gears
Sale price $42.00 Regular price
Why Buy From Us?
Note: Moose is NOT included :)
This K'NEX® Education kit provides opportunities for your child or student(s), working alone or in pairs or small collaborative groups, to explore how gears are used to transfer movement and forces, and to change the speed and the direction of movement.
Includes instructions to build 7 models of familiar machines to build using gears:
- Crank fan (spur gear system)
- Car window (spur gear system)
- Blender (crown gear system)
- Record player (crown gear system)
- Egg beater (crown gear system)
- Stationary bike (sprocket gear system)
- Chainsaw (sprocket gear system)
The set provides numerous opportunities to acquire understanding using a hands-on, inquiry-based approach to information and concepts.
- 194 parts, to build 7 different models, one at a time
- Comprehensive Teacher's Guide (on CD) included (English copy here).
- Accommodates 2-3 students working in a team and appropriate for elementary classrooms in grades 3 through 5
- Packaged in a reusable plastic storage tray with a snap-on lid for quick clean-up and easy storage
- Building with K'NEX puts children on a path towards a fundamental understanding of STEAM/STEM subjects.
- K'NEX Education sets come with lesson plans and experiment guides written by educators that feature hands-on, inquiry-based projects.
- All teacher guides and experiment guides are aligned to U.S. national standards, including ITEEA, NSES, NCTM, NGSS and Common Core.
- K'NEX Education sets let students build replicas of real-world machines to gain an understanding of the principles that make them work.
Age 8 & Up